Followers

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Just Me and My Babies...

If you recognize this image, you may be blinking and saying.."hmmm is THAT how it looks?". Well no... it's not. In fact... it's only 2/3's of how it looks. This stamp image is from Asela Hopkins, "The Journey". It has a female and male/boy image. If you remember back a few posts I did a card with the original image and saw it as an image of my son and I. Well now... you can't do a card with one child and NOT the other!! So, I improvised. I stamped the original image twice and cut the boy/child out and basically added it to the other side of the female. Hee Hee Now I admit... I did more than that. I cut the hair off the edges of the neck and drew in a bit of a flip and a longer look. Then I paper pieced a "dress", if you will, out of DP and adhered it to cover the shirt and shorts. To cover the line on the neck which was part of the shirt... I simply colored in pink line to make it appear as though my girl had a necklace on. I have to admit... there were NO curves to indicate "girl" when I paper pieced the dress, but hey... how about an "E" for Effort, huh?? LOL My kids saw me working on this and I asked... "Does this look like a girl now?" Since they both realized it was originally a boy... they said..,. "OH SICK MOM!!! You turned that boy into a girl!!!" LOL And it wasn't "sick" like the kids seem to say when they think something is cool nowadays either. LOL Well... at least I was thinking of BOTH of them, right???? When I showed it to my husband he said... "Family, huh? I'm not included?". So I opened the inside and said... "I was thinking...maybe... next time the kids and I go out of town on a small trip (like we often do for a short weekend getaway), we could send it to YOU!" The inside says... "Wish you were here." Touchy, touchy family I have, huh? You try to include them and they think you've done something "sick" and you include them and they think they are forgotten! *sigh* Ay yi yi!! Stop over at Gina K Designs and get your "family" set. LOL Have a great day and whatever you do.... please, please don't offend your family by making a card you thought was clever of you! LOL *smile* Signature

2 comments:

Ginger said...

This is so creative! How lovely! (and your husband will agree, too, when he receives it. :)

Brenda said...

Wonderful Tina, what a great way to think out of the box! I think you did a fabulous job, it looks like it is just one stamp of the three of them.TFS

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...