Followers

Saturday, June 4, 2011

A Little More Bling

 

 

 

MelMay11

I’m a little late today with getting my post up but I admit, I am TRYING to recoup from the hectic schedule I had this last week.  Seems the last week of school should not only be easy and relaxing for the kids, but for us parents too and it’s not!!!  I think I MIGHT get a rest now that it’s finally ALL over and there are no after school parties or…. special days at the local amusement park “just for the school”.  Ugh! But then… I do remember all those fun days when I was younger… oh so long ago. Smile  So alas, I DO have a new card to share using Melanie Muenchinger’s newest set, “Border Bling”.  I LOVE this new set and in fact I am heading to my studio right after I finish this and plan to pick it up first to start playing even more!!

 

My card today started with Pure Luxury In the Navy and I layered on some Little Boy Blue then added a layer of White.  I used the tiny stars in Melanie’s set to create my own background DP using Memento Sky Blue ink.  My image was stamped in a white ink so I could see the “bling dots” then I used Diamond Stickles to follow along.  I stamped the sentiment in Versamark and heat embossed it in white embossing powder.  I added a “sparkly” ric rack to the bottom (hard to see the sparkle, but it’s there) and then found some awesome puffy star ribbon I had in my stash, so I cut them up and added them to the corners.  It was hard to take a photo with the all the bling, but in real life, I LOVE how this card came out! 

 

I hope you have a great day.  I’m off to the studio to make more creations with the awesome new Gina K Designs sets!!!  Thanks for stopping by!  *smile*

 

tinagilliland

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...