Followers

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Diva Bling…

Diva

OMGosh it’s Thursday!!! Already!!! I’m excited for THREE reasons today.  First… my cousins from Oregon (whom I haven’t seen in over 25 years!!!) are arriving in town today!  It will be soooooooo good to see them.  We are having a family reunion and though we’ve got in touch again this last year by way of Facebook, it will be so good to face TIME together and relive old memories.  I think I was a teenager the last time I saw them.  Ya ya… that means more than 25 years ago, but let’s not go there! LOL

 

Secondly, I am taking The Brave Girls Club Soul Restoration Class 2 and I accomplished ONE (first step) in my first goal for a better life!  I got up at 6:00 AM to head to the gym!!!!!!!!!! Yay me!!! I did it.. and though I had a million excuses running through my head… even why I should finished EARLY AT the gym, I kept going and I DID IT!!!!!  I just have to keep it up and DO it!!  I’m so proud of myself because I am so NOT an early riser and I could not for the life of me understand why anyone would want to get up early and go to the gym!!!!  But I did and I will again!!!

 

Third… Friday is tomorrow!!!!  We officially start our vacation tomorrow after I get off work and I’m so excited!! Not exactly what “I” wanted to do, but I’m a mom and my kids’ happiness comes first… so…. off to Oceans of Fun and Worlds of Fun we go!!!  My kids are easy to please with vacations and  I am thankful since the economy is so yucky now.  They could easily stay in a hotel across town and be thrilled! LOL  I think it’s the whole “you can jump on THESE beds” thing. LOL  LOL  Though Steven is a bit big for that now.  Sad smile

 

So… how about we look at a card?  Hee Hee  I dug up an old stamp set from Melanie Muenchinger called, “Little Tees” and decided to make my own “bling” using her newest “Border Bling” set!  Smile  My card starts with Pure Luxury Passionate Pink and I layered on some white after running it through my Vagabond using the Cuttlebug embossing folder, Seeing Spots.  I added a piece of DP from the Echo Park, A Walk in the Park pack and then a couple dotted ribbons.  I stamped my image on Bubblegum Pink and added Viva Décor’s Stainless Pearl Drops to create my own shirt bling.  Smile  I used the Nestabilities Labels 16 to cut out and emboss my image and added some Vivid Raspberry ink around the edges before removing it from the card stock.  My “Diva” sign was accented with some self-adhesive pearls which I colored with my Copic markers.

 

I am off to Michaels because well… it’s MICHAELS and they have craft stuff there!!!  Then I’m heading to Arc hivers to check out the new Smash books.  Like I NEED another junque journal! LOL  But hey… a girl’s gotta do what a girl loves!! Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!! *smile*

1 comment:

fuzzylover said...

Love the cards - I got some great ideas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...