Followers

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father’s Day AND… Happy Anniversary!!!

DadDayClose

 

Today I’d like to send a shout out to all the dad’s out there… Happy Father’s Day!!!!  I find it harder and harder to get a gift for my dad every year and yet, when I DO give him something, I find it harder yet to know if he REALLY likes it.  LOL  But…. somehow…. he ends up giving me a HUGE clue.  When he thinks I’m not looking… he is showing it to others. LOL  You think it’s a “guy-thing” to not show if they like a gift or not? Ha!!

 

My gift was something totally unique and different for me.  As I mentioned in past posts… I am really getting into the multi-media art lately.  My gift was just that… another multi-media art piece.

 

And… what I like the most about it… It is actually made on a wood shake shingle!  How’s that… my dad is a roofer!!!  We don’t put those type of roofs on… but… it’s the connection that matters.  Smile  Before I show you my finished project… let me show you the pieces I began with and how they started out.  I started adding the green paint before I realized I hadn’t photographed it… but you get the idea what WAS under it.

 

shinglebefore

 

Next… I found this photo at our Lake Association garage sale. 

 

deerphoto

 

And now… my finished piece.  Using Nina Brackett’s, “Lovely Labels 3”, I stamped the image using Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Vintage Photo and Memento Cottage Green.  I added a few copper nail heads and  cut it out then mounted it on top of the shingle.  Here’s a pic of the whole shingle.

 

DadDay

I added a few Tim Holtz sprockets and a clock with a bit of his Tissue Tape.  And yes… he REALLY DID like it!!! 

 

Not only is today Father’s Day… and my DH will be treated like a King today by the kids AND me… because today is also our 7th Anniversary!  Lucky seven!!!  Winking smile    I think that’s the way to rake in the “special treatments”. LOL  Though we’ve only been married for seven years, we’ve been together for 13.  I just realized that though seven is the lucky number… thirteen is bad luck!! Ha!!!  Ok… so… I’m sticking with the seven and next year we’ll count the “together” years.  Smile

 

Hope you and yours are having a great day!!  Thanks for stopping by!!! *smile*

3 comments:

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Tina- great Dad gift! Congrats and Happy Anniversary!

Joanna McDonald said...

That is a stunning project! You are
really creative. I could see that
photo and think it is very pretty
and that would be the end of that!
Thanks for sharing.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Tina, I love this unique creation and I bet your Dad loved it, too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...