Followers

Monday, June 1, 2009

My Buddy's Floor Door!

Good Monday morning everyone! It is Monday, right??? I feel so tired and wore out already and all because of one trip the clinic today to have my daughter's cast removed! Yeah her! Welllll... not really.... she whined and moaned as we left. Seems she wasn't careful enough in NOT putting pressure on her broken arm... even in the cast... so her crack has become more of a splinter. How do I describe it... something like... a mudslide. Instead of just being cracked across, it's shifted and slid down a bit. *big sigh* So, seems she has a brace to wear for two weeks. THEN... if she didn't put any weight of any kind on it and it is healing better, she can remove the brace. BUT... if not... they will put her in a cast again. UGH! Thus the whining and moaning and "ohhhhh mom.... this itches!!" all the way to school. I get to work and whoa doggy... the boss is fuming again... over trivial things "I" can't do a thing about... mostly insurance increases, and of course, anything he can think to yell about... the President is always a good target for him. LOL Aye yi yi!! So I'm ready for a nap. *smile* But first... how about a card? This one isn't one I felt worthy of sharing when I made it.. but I've been spending most of my time designing cards for Melanie with her new "Sporty Accessories" set.. hee hee. So, I figured... might as well let you see my bad and my good since I don't have much else to share and I'm saving Melanie's stuff ... until she's ready, of course. LOL I made this using Gina K's wood graining technique and decided to make a "door" out of it for a card I was making for a friend. She and her husband LOVE old cabin, country, wildlife things and though it IS a floor pattern, I knew she'd love it as a door... 'cause... well... that's "just the way she rolls"! LOL I stamped the wreath from Gina K's "Wreath of Wishes" and used a few gold brads to act as a door handle and a wreath holder. This card congratulated her on "opening new doors" on her way to a better job and a happier life since her last job was so draining on her. I'm glad she's found something she loves and finally LET herself move on to better things. She is a much happier person now and honestly... I am TOO... she's my friend and when she's happy, so am I! *grin* I will have to try this technique again to "better" myself with it. But for now... it made her smile. Have a great day! Keep watching for those new "Sporty Accessories" cards coming soon... "to a blog spot near you"! Hee Hee Signature

3 comments:

Gina K. said...

That card is great Tina!!

NinaB said...

Love your card, Tina. It reminds me of my old door here in Croatia. That wood graining technique has so many uses.

Cat Tidwell said...

Ima gonna tell you what everybody tells me...you are WAY too hard on yourself! I LOVE your door! It looks fantastic! Like Nina said, it reminds me of old doors you see, way cool!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...