Followers

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Do You Say Thanks Often?

Seems the nicest thing we can do for those who assist us, wait on us, and care for us is say "thank you". I don't always think we say it enough. It's such a good feeling to be appreciated and to actually be told that we are. My husband and I try very hard to teach our children how important it is do thank people. My mother-in-law told me she sends little notes to nurses and those at the hospital whenever she or my father-in-law have to be admitted. The University of Iowa Hospital actually has forms that they put out to send a small thanks or note in the name of someone who treated, worked with you while you were admitted. I believe they get some kind of "caring" award for receiving one of these notes in their name. Such a nice thing to do! Thus, I never think I have enough "Thank You" cards on hand. This simple card uses another one of the seahorses from the Eclectic Summer stamps from Gina K. I originally made three of them for my "Scared Fishy" card and decided to use only two so the extra went in my "hobo stew" pile. I just loved the colors and I knew I wanted to use it. I used my white "dotted Swiss" embossed paper I received my sweet friend Selma Stevenson and wrapped some organza ribbon around it to match the seahorse. Oh yes.. I must share Selma's great news and once again congratulate her. Selma was picked on StampTV to be one of the six chosen for Center Stage Spotlight Design Team for next month!!! Selma does such awesome cards and if you get a chance stop by and see her blog.. you'll know why she was chosen. Good work, Selma!!! Have a wonderful day and... THANK YOU for taking time out of your day to visit my blog! Signature

1 comment:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh this turned out so beautifully. I love the soft shades you used, and your organdy ribbon is just stunning!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...