Followers

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Tulips for Dad??

I have been wanting to make a card with tulips for my dad... it's his favorite flower. He always grew the red ones that bled into the top with white. Well.. I made the card, but now I'm not sure I should give THESE to him. I mean... look at what I did!!! It's on a PINK card base!!!! Yikes!
Not sure HE worries about his femininity so perhaps I should create him a new one??? LOL
I tried a new technique this time using Gina K's OMS and blender stumps with Kooh-i-noor pencils. As usual... the technique is posted on the StampTV site and her example is beautiful!
I also used Melanie Muechinger's "A Year of Flowers" set which includes the tulip. I love this set, you can do so much with it.
The vase was made from StampinUp's new large Oval Punch. Simply cut across the bottom of the punch then I used the same punch to cut out an opening at the top. Cute, huh? The dots????... well... I just wanted to get silly and freehand them. LOL

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...