Followers

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

School Christmas Play

I just love going to school Christmas concerts (or any school show for that matter). These little shepards just look like something you'd see at a school show... costumes on... hot pink tennis underneath! LOL I got my stamp from Stampers Dream and from the Stampavie line, "Nativity 1". Aren't they just adorable? I generally like to do a "religious" scene or card to send to all my relatives and friends and I have been having a terrible time finding exactly what I want. I've done the Madonna and Child, the Baby Jesus in a manger, and who knows what else... but this year.. I can't seem to find just the right stamp. I was truly hoping for maybe an angel of some sort or a nice Bethlehem scene but I guess it's just not in the cards this year. I may end up using my cute little guys here for all my family/friend cards. Not a bad thing at all. I generally try to stay with "religious" themes at Christmas because I think to many people focus on shopping and gifts and tinsel, etc. and forget the TRUE meaning of Christmas. Something I just don't think we should ever overlook. I have seen some wonderful versus and such I can and probably will use, but it's the image I seem to be missing that I just can't quite get this year. I used my Stardust glitter pen to highlight areas of the embossed background and in the photo is just kinda shows up as a darker tint, I think, but it is really sparkly. I used my Copics to color in my singing shepards and the wonderful "Jolly by Golly" paper pack that I just LOVE from Gina K Designs. I do hope you have a great time making your Christmas cards and I too enjoy the "modern" stamps but for me... Christmas is about Jesus and his birth. Who knows... maybe I'll switch to birthday cards some year for Christmas! *smile* Have a great day!!! *smile* Signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...