Followers

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Musical Christmas

Eeeeek... I LOVE LOVE LOVE the newest set from Nina Brackett, "Vintage Borders"!!! And my favorite part... the music score she added!! I have so been wanting a musical stamp set and though it doesn't feature a grand piano... I am VERY pleased with the musical score!! This card was created with my son's piano teacher in mind. She is just as sweet as can be and every year I try to make sure I give her a little something for Christmas. I cannot even begin to understand how ANY musical instrument teacher gets past all the screetching and flat notes being played when children first start. LOL I used Gina K's Pure Luxury Heavy Base Weight Metallic Silver Lining as my card base and then topped it off with the Paper Temptress' Silver Lustre Text Weight which I then embossed the musical score on top of that. Another layer of the silver and then just a bit of black to make my silver embossing pop. I think those ornaments are sooooo classy looking embossed. I tied some silver cording around my card a few times and make a multi-loop bow to top it all off. As you can see the lower left and upper right corner of the Lustre paper is rolled. I simply used my piercing tool to roll it a bit. Kinda reminded me of a music sheet which has been used over and over and curled at the corners (much like my son's music sheets.. Ha). I bet you'll see me using Nina's borders often. AND especially the musical score. Have a wonderful day!! *smile* Signature

3 comments:

craftieodmae said...

you've done it again, another gorgeous card!!!

Jennie said...

This is just so elegant Tina! I love the silver cs and the embossing, quite striking!

Carolyn King said...

so beautiful and elegant. wtg!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...