Followers

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Earthly Cardinal

I truly LOVE this cardinal from Asela Hopkins, "First Christmas". I thought I would hate trying to color it in, but it turns out I am having lots of fun using different shades of red. I really really wanted to do a purple one... hee hee. You know I just HAVE to try things in purple if it can be done at all without making me look TO much like an idiot! LOL For this card I decided to use as many "manly" (I love to use that term for most things that aren't purple and pink... ha!) colors as I could. I really think my dad and DH would love this card. At least I seem to get the "Now I REALLY like that." from my DH when I show him cards in earth tone colors. Blah Blah Blah. I have a hard time with these colors so for me.. it's kind of a big deal when I DO get one made that I actually like. LOL Have you bought any of those FABULOUS buttons from Gina K? OMGosh.. there are sooo many colors and shades in the sets. I was dying to use this big goldish/brown one. Doesn't look gold at all in the pic but it has shades/swirls of it in there and I just love it!! I tied a bow on one but the other two I left without string because they look just as nice without ribbons and twine on them, I think. My DP is from the Basic Grey "Nook and Pantry" pack. The "tree" DP I honestly can't remember what pack it came from... but I love that you can turn it either way and see a different set of trees in it. Have a great day!! *smile* Signature

1 comment:

craftieodmae said...

your gorgeous coloring made this one gorgeous card!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...