Followers

Friday, November 20, 2009

Emily's Birthday Party

Happy Birthday Emily!!!! Today is my daughter's 8th... oh my I feel so old... birthday!!! She decided SUNDAY... she wanted to have a slumber party!! *thud* Yes... I love that daughter of mine!! Mom started working Monday on invites... and I have to tell ya... she only wanted to invite five little girls. Well... woohoo... good for me! But... even at only five... I had a tough time with these invites. First... things went well... I KNEW I had Gina K's "Kindred Spirits, Slumber Party" stamp so that was easy. Now... to decide on a layout. THAT was hard. I wanted it "girly" but... actually deciding on a design was just to much for me with such a short notice. As you can see, I DID get it done. I started off only having about 2 hours to totally do these five invites. Not bad, huh? IF you run to the store and grab a prepackaged set! (Ooooohhhh such a BAD thing to say to a stamper!) So I started... making the cards. I grabbed paper, and got to the task. I was pleased that in 1.5 hours I had them all cut, embossed, stamped and glued. THAT was the easy part. The bad things started when I sat down at home to color the images in. Those Copics are soooooo addicting. I mean literally. I cannot use them and NOT just follow at least "some" of the techniques I was taught!!! I initially thought... "Oh, I'll just color them in and be done. Five little girls... who will know... pffft!) NOT!!! I had to try and do SOME blending SOME shading and of course... matching of some sort with the colors to the papers. LOL Three hours later.... I was done. HA!! Ok... I did get up for potty breaks and stop to listen to my son off and on. But seriously people... THREE hours to color FIVE cards???? LOL I MUST be crazy!!! All in all... they are done... she was pleased as punch (and proud!) and yes.. it made me smile. Even though we WERE running late that morning and I didn't have time to deal with much, I took the time to help her put them in envelopes and she said she would put names on them once she got to school... a blessing for sure. My only hope NOW is that these five girls WILL come!! I am always so afraid if she just invites a small amount of people... only one will show. You know the odds. Then again... with my luck... had she invited 10... ALL would have shown! LOL So, here's to Emily and her 8th birthday! May all her friends arrive. Oh yes... the party isn't until tomorrow night because SHE got invited to someone else's birthday SWIM party at a hotel tonight and she wanted to (as she said) "change her birthday". LOL Have a great day! *smile* Signature

1 comment:

craftieodmae said...

I can just see you running around going crazy to get em done LOL. they turned out gorgeous! May the party be a hugh success! happy Birthday to her........

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...