Followers

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Paper Temptress Treasure Hunt!! Let's Hop!!

Welcome to the next stop of the Paper Temptress' Treasure Hunt!! Today I am featuring Patricia's Astro Bright Fireball Fuchsia paper. I LOVE the brightly saturated color of this paper. When I first saw it I was reminded of the show "Grease Lighting" and the "Pink Ladies"... HA!! Then I thought, why not have a "Let's go to the Hop" card!! As you may recall, most "sock hops" were held in the gym over the basketball court. I used Melanie Muenchinger's "Sporty Accessories" for the pennant and her "School, Sports, Spirit" for the jacket. For the dress, I used Rupa Shevde's "Retro Boutique". My background was created using my Cuttlebug and the "Allegro" embossing folder. I apologize for the photo not being it's best. I was at my shop tonight and late into the evening three ladies came in and wanted to hold a "class". That was fine except I had no card planned so I was scampering. I got everything done and everyone out by 9:30 PM (normally close at 9)... stopped to get my daughter something to eat and got home about 10:00 PM only to realize I left my camera there!! Ugh! I promise your next picture will be MUCH MUCH better!! So, you need a letter, I think, right? Well... how does "R" sound? ROCK & ROLL... "let's go to the hop"!!! Head on over to the Paper Temptress site for your next letter! Have fun and good luck!! Signature

15 comments:

Anita said...

Cute card! I love the bright colors.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

those colors are pefect for a "hop"!

Anonymous said...

Your card sure brings back memories. Very nice!
Evette rice
evetterice@aol.com

StampinCathy said...

What a perfect card for the hop! I just love the colors and love the outfits. Thanks for the inspiration.

Annie Littlewolf said...

What a perfect color to pick for a sock hop! I immediately thought of the movie "Grease" with John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John. And wasn't that the color of those sticky icky hair rollers we used to use and tried to sleep on? OUCH!!!! Glad those are gone! It is a really cute card! Thanks for sharing it.
Annie

slbt17 said...

what a fun card! Great job Tina!
Sandra

the PaperTemptress said...

Oh no, not the old rollers?????? NO

How cute. That is just so fantastic about your newly opened store and to just have people stop by is wonderful! I have to say it isn't easy to follow your dream and am thrilled that you went for it!!

Patricia
the PaperTemptress

CraftinGranny said...

Great card!!! Made me think of the sock hops we use to have when I was in HS and that was almost 50 years ago. Great inspiration!
"Hugs" Granny

freida said...

How FABULOUS! LOVE your design! BTW...your blog ROCKS! Just subscribed! ; )

AKiteFlier said...

Oooh girly - this is fabulous! Love it - and oh to have a stamp store in town that I could just STOP BY for a class LOL. ROck on!

lisa808 said...

So cute.

Lynn Mercurio said...

Gimme a F
Gimme a U
Gimme a N
What's it' spell...a fantastically fun card. Great job.

Lynn Stevens said...

o.k now I will be singing that song all day! Lets go to the hop, oh baby!!!
adorable card tho!

Denise Marzec said...

Wowww! So bright and FUN!

Sherry said...

Boy this sure takes me back to my youth..great card

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...