Followers

Friday, October 2, 2009

Cold Heart? I think NOT!

Today's set I did using Carolyn King's newest set, "Warm Winter Wishes". Carolyn definitely does NOT have a cold heart... if anything she has a HUGE WARM GLOWING heart!! Carolyn debuts another fantastic set in memory of her dear grandmother, Clare Lyons "Mamo". Last year Carolyn created "Whimsical Autumn" and donated 100% of the proceeds to Pennsylvania Chapter of the Alzheimer's Association. Here is what Carolyn had to say...
In Loving Memory Of Clare Lyons "Mamo" September 26, 1916 - July 1, 2008 For those of you who read my blog, you know that my grandmother passed away in July. I wrote about it here. What you may not know is that for the past 12 years of her life, she was suffering from Alzheimer’s disease. After she was first diagnosed, she moved into my parent’s house where I was living with my daughter. I saw first-hand how devastating this disease can be. I saw my grandmother go from a completely independent and meticulous women to a completely dependent person who lost all of the wonderful memories her life created. In many ways, my family has been saying goodbye to my grandmother for years...as her energy diminished, her weight plummeted and the memories of her life were erased from her mind. I had just finished drawing the images for this set when I received a call from my mother telling me that my grandmother passed away. Although part of me was rejoicing because she suffered too long…the selfish part of me was wishing for just one more visit...After returning from Pennsylvania and getting back to work—I had a resurgence of energy for this new set. I decided the best way for me to honor my Grandmother’s memory was to give back. And so, 100% of my proceeds from this set will be sent to the Pennsylvania Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association. Always.
Again, Carolyn is donating 100% of her proceeds from "Warm Winter Wishes" to the Pennsylvania Chapter of the Alzheimer's Association in loving memory of "Mamo". She definitely has a warm heart.
Carolyn, let me be one of the first to say, "thank you". Thank you for touching so many people's lives with your warm heart... for knowing that even in the saddest times of our lives, we can all do something to honor those we lost and make a difference. I have no doubt in my mind your "Mamo" is still so very very proud of you.
That being said... my card was done using Carolyn's snowman. I wanted it to appear as though his heart was melting so I lightened up the upper part of his heart with my Copic coloring. Initially, I had the heart dripping but ewwww that looked pretty sadistic! LOL So... I redid him... aren't you glad? LOL I used a small strip of colored foil and embossed with my Cuttlebug. Though it's hard to see in the pic, I made his hat shiny using my Sakura Gel pens, as I did with the holly in his hat as well. I will definitely have more of Carolyn's card to show later in the month. Hope you enjoyed the Gina K Designs Release Party and I'm sure you'll want Carolyn's new, "Warm Winter Wishes" as well. *smile* Signature

5 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

I love how you did his heart! Very cute card!

A Consuming Passion said...

Oh how did you get your hands on this little beauty????? My order went in mid day our time - I love them all!!! So I'll be staying in for a month!
I actually get this set as my comment was the random pick on Gina's Blog! lol how lucky am I - my cards never get picked!!!!

craftieodmae said...

how adorable

Sharri said...

Tina, Very cute card! I love this little snowman. He is all cut and ready to get inky!

Carolyn King said...

LOVE this Tina!

HUGEGANTIC hugs!!! thanks my friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...