Followers

Thursday, February 21, 2013

"Ohhh You Make me Smile.... "


My dear sweet friend, Carolyn King, does just that... she makes me SMILE!!  I love Carolyn and I love her newest stamp release... "Stamp it BIG!".  I couldn't wait to get my hand on these awesome BIG words and sadly, since my hubby's accident, it took forever for me to find the time to create even one card.  But... that I did!  Finally!!  I paired, Carolyn's set with Becky Oehler's, "Spoon Me" because those awesome retro glasses were yet another reason for me to smile!!!  Hee Hee

I started my card with Gina K Designs, Pure Luxury White Heavy-Base Weight card stock.  I LOVE the weight of this for a card base.  I used the Smile word and stamped it three times onto the base.  The glasses I stamped using the Light Weight White card stock and cut them out.  I then added some Crystal Clear card stock from the Paper Temptress to add some "glass" to my glasses though it's hard to see in the photo.

Now the glasses had to have a chain to hold them to the card... hee hee.  I used some colored wire I had in my stash from oh so long ago which was sold by StampinUp.  Not sure if they have it any longer but I loved how it looked.  You've seen those wire glass holders right??? All bright and shiny and soooo ME! LOL

I can't wait to use Carolyn's stamp set more as I didn't have lots of time to get anything worked up much but I couldn't resist trying to do at least one card with this lovely set.  It will be amazing to use in my SMASH books and my art journals as well!!! LOVE IT!!!

I hope you're having a great Thursday!  I hope to get a bit more crafting done and maybe hunker down and stay warm as we are expecting another winter blizzard... hopefully the last for the season!  Stay warm and thanks for stopping by!!! *HUGS*



Signature Follow Me on Pinterest

2 comments:

Becky said...

This is so cute and cleaver!

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Great CAS card - love the big words and those glasses are rockin' it!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...