Followers

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Fuzzy, Soft and Cuddly....


A soft, fuzzy bunny is all I thought about when I colored this sweet little image from Stamp Fairy.    This week's newest challenge over on Color Me Creative is to "Color with Texture".  Use your Copics, pencils, whatever you'd like to create texture on your image.  I used the "towel" technique where you add Copic Blending Solution to a rag or hand towel or washcloth (which I used) to create soft "speckles" of texture to the image once it's colored.

Here's a close up so you can see the fine "speckles" it creates once colored.


I always think of more a "flocking" look when I use this technique but I love how subtle it is.  Makes me want to rub my finger across it to really see if something is there.  Hee

Of course, I colored the image with my Copics prior to doing the technique.  I also used the "feathering" brush stroke around the edges of my image to add a bit of shadow around it.

My card base is Pure Luxury Passionate Pink and layered on some Moonlit Fog and Bubble Gum pink onto that.  My image was printed on Cryogen White from the PaperTemptress.  My DP is from the paper pack, Authentique "Lovely" collection.

I hope you are having a lovely Sunday as WE certainly are feeling all warm and cuddly with hubby/daddy home!  His surgery was a big success and though we tease him that his name is now "Frank (enstein)" we are happy he is home and on the mend.  It was a VERY scary time for us but nothing can ever replace the love we have for him and we are very thankful to God who watched over him and brought him home again.

As always, I appreciate your stopping by and REALLY appreciate your understanding as to my sparse postings as things have been kind of hectic in our home for the last couple weeks.  Oh and, don't forget to watch the Super Bowl!!!  We will be having our usual "carpet picnic" with the kids while enjoying the games and most certainly the commercials!! LOL  *HUGS*



Signature Follow Me on Pinterest
 Copics I used:

3 comments:

Cheri said...

Oh, so very cute, GF. I love the layer of doily. Your coloring is stunning!!!!

Kim said...

Gorgeous, I love the feathering technique in the background. Glad to hear your husband is doing well! Our world does stop when our family is not right. Enjoy your week!

Kitty said...

This is so adorable. I love it. I am so happy for you and your family that your husband is home. I just got out of the hospital myself. God Bless

Kathleen2524 stfenu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...