Followers

Friday, September 4, 2009

Thank You

Hello dear friends, fellow stampers and faithful followers. As many of you know already, it has been a very tough week for my family. We lost my dear dear father-in-law early Tuesday morning. Obviously, there was no time to do much of anything except hurry to find sitters for the kids, make our way to the hospital and pretty much take each hour at a time. Though we knew he was sick, I don't think any of us expected things to end so quickly. He was a wonderful man... a true fighter until the very end. No one will ever take his place. Nothing can prepare any of us for such a thing and no matter how many "pre-arrangements" were made, there is always still so much to do. My husband spent the week with is mother and I took the hour drive back and forth daily (sometimes twice a day) to support and be there for he and his mother and then back again to attempt a "normal" schedule for my kids and make sure they got to and from school daily. I want you all to know how very very much he loved the cards you sent. He got to see them up until the very end. He had great plans to write each and every one of them a thank you and today my mother-in-law said he was just amazed that so many of you took the time to send them. My my husband and I, thank you. Thank you for not only the cards, but the many many notes of encouragements, the constant prayers and for allowing us the honor to call you friends. I am going to spend the weekend with my DH and our kids. We missed him not being with us even though his job takes him away a few nights a week, knowing he is so close yet not with us made for a lonely week away. When my daughter saw him Wednesday evening (the first time after we had left early Monday morning) she said... "Daddy, are you going to live with grandma now?" *sniff sniff* It was a sad week and we are hoping to just relax and enjoy each other for a long quiet weekend together. I promise to be back to posting daily on Tuesday and again... thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kindness. Signature

4 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Bless your heart, it is so sad to lose a love one. right now your family comes first, we'll be here when you get back, in the mean while, we love you and go take care of you and yours. God Bless.

Anita said...

Tina, you and your family have been in my prayers. Take all the time you need to be with your family. Sending hugs.

Anonymous said...

Oh Gina - I feel so bad. For some reason I am not getting your posts and I have been so busy to look at any anyway. So, today I take the plunge to find your blog and then I find out about the death and all. I feel so bad that I didn't know. Please know that my prayers are with you and your family. I lost my dad several years ago this week and that was devastating. Anyway, I just wanted you to know I was thinking about you and your family.

Chris R. from Iowa

Jennie said...

Oh Tina...praying for you all as you continue to deal with losing a loved one. Please know that I care!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...