Followers

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Hawaii Bound....


I wish!!! Today I have a simple card I created with Theresa Momber's last set, "Aloha".  I haven't had much time to get my Gina K July releases inky yet so I have been playing a bit just recently.  I LOVE these flowers!!

My card began as a single layer card.  Though you can't tell very well from the picture, I initially was thinking I'd stamp all these flowers on my card then coloring in.  Well... I decided I didn't want every flower to have a leaf so I stamped, colored with my Copics and cut them out then mounted them individually into the shape of a lei.  The very top large purple flower IS stamped directly on the base.

I love that Theresa included some smaller images with this set.  So easy to make a scene below with a little bit of sponging.

I wished I had this set years ago when my mom made a few trips to Hawaii with my nieces as their graduation gift.  But... somethings tells me she'll be going back as much as she loved going.

Stay tuned for more cards using "Aloha"... I'm so glad to finally be getting it inked up!!  You can grab Theresa's set at Gina K Designs and check out her other fabulous sets as well. 

Have a great day!!

Signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...