Followers

Monday, May 18, 2009

Snail Mail?

I had such a nice weekend. Nothing to exciting going on... no rush to do this or that with the kids... just kinda slow and uneventful. We did drive down to our lake home in Missouri to help prepare for the Memorial Day weekend coming up, but even that was just relaxing and fun (even got some shopping in... hee hee). I had lots of fun Saturday evening just "messin" with my stamps and getting some challenges done that I needed to post this morning. But... mostly... just making whatever my heart desired. I found I'm quite short on "Birthday" and "Sympathy" cards, so I thought I'd throw a few "generic" ones in my pile and save them for those days when I was caught off-guard and not ready for a birthday. This one is made from Asela Hopkins set called Framed Friends. It took me a long time to buy this set and I'm not sure why other than... well... I'm NOT a huge animal fan. Though we have two dogs (a yellow lab and a teddy bear dog) I am not crazy about the fur, the mess and the vet visits, etc. involved in keeping care of animals. Though I admit... I'm the first to run them TO the vet when they aren't well... LOL The wording "The best things in life... take time" are from Melanie Muenchinger's set "The Best Things In Life"... a VERY versatile set with just about every occassion covered in it. Plus... I spotted Asela posting a card she had done with this set on StampTV where she colored her owl in PINK!!!! YIPPPEEEE... I'm all for pinks! LOL So I decided why not... I can have fun with this too! I'll post my owl later this week for you to see. But today here's my snail! *smile* Isn't he cute??? I originally thought of using this card as quick "snail mail" note to whomever (yes... I am still one that writes letters and notes from time to time instead of e-mailing)... but then I thought... hmmmm kinda would fit as a birthday too... my kids can hardly stand the wait for their birthday THEN to wait and open presents!!! Oh boy... such a long long wait no matter what it is. I thought this might just be appropriate for a kid too. Check out Gina K Designs to see all of the cute "Framed Friends" Asela has put in this set. I am totally in love with them ... finally!!! LOL "worth waiting for", definitely! Signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...