Followers

Saturday, October 15, 2011

A Note to Dad…

ForDadRetire
Today I’d like to share with you a card I made especially for my dad to say not only “thank you” but to also congratulate him and wish him well on his retirement.  And, it was yet another reason to practice my Copic coloring. Hee  I’m sooooo enjoying my Copics again and even MORE now!!  Smile

My image is from Susana’s Custom Art & Card Designs by Victoria Case, “Thinking of You”

My card base is Pure Luxury White  from Gina K Designs.  I layered on some Creme de Menthe and some DP from Prima.  I layered again with a bit of Ocean Mist and again more DP.  I cut my image out and mounted her with Pop Dots then added some ribbon and a Webster's Sparkler to the bow.

It as been a SUPER busy week at work!!!  Closing one corporation and opening a new DBA it just sooo much paper work!!  The new boss seems nice enough and has a positive attitude (I'm all for that!) and though I worked an extra day this week and late yesterday (then brought work home), I think next week should be a bit easier and not as rushed to get "details" in order. 

My dad and mom left on Thursday (his first REAL day of retirement) for a ten day vacation to Australia!!  When I called them at the airport, dad was upbeat and excited about his retirement.  I don't think it will take him as long to adjust as HE thought it would.  :-)  They phoned last night from California and said they had a couple hour lay-over then a TEN HOUR flight to Australia!! OMGosh I sooo could NOT do that!!! I had a bit of a struggle on a two hour flight to Las Vegas!!! UGH!!  I'm sure dad took his iPad to read his Kindle on and mom probably grabbed a good book as well.  I just hope they have a GREAT time and take lots of pics!! 

Today WE are heading to Waukee, IA for my son's high school State Band Competition.  Afterwards the band is having a huge party at a member's house then we will be done with early morning practices!!! YAYYY!!  Next up... Concert Band.  :-)

Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!  *smile*


2 comments:

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Super card for your Dad! I hope they have a wonderful vacation!

Suzanne J Dean said...

Great post and lovely card--I'm sure he loved it and will treasure it!

hugz,
Suzanne

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...