Followers

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Lady in Waiting….

VelvetDress

Happy Thursday everyone!!!  Today is a good day for me because I get to head to My Studio and play with my Copic markers once again!!!  As I told you yesterday, when I took Suzanne Dean’s class a few weeks back she gave us strict instructions to “practice, practice, practice” and I am doing just that!! 

The image I’m sharing today is from my friend, Anary Baumgarth’s adorable collection called Gilli Stamps.  I used the cute RENAISSANCE GILLI for my card today.

I think reds are by far the hardest color to work with and I must say I did LOTS of blending to get her dress right where I felt it was acceptable but I must admit, it’s not the color I truly wanted.  Seems burgundy is just as hard to create.  At least for me it was. LOL  I refuse to give up though… I’m definitely going to keep trying.  My hair is a bit more “grey” than I’d like as well and I will probably go back today and add a bit more black to it… I really want just a highlight and again… practice!  Smile

My card base is from Gina K Designs, Pure Luxury Red Hot card stock.  The DP is some I found in my stash and I mounted my Gilli on my Spellbinders Lotus Pendant which I cut out of Black Onyx card stock.  I used Pop Dots to prop her up and give the card some dimension.  As usual, I used my self-adhesive rhinestones which I colored with my Copic markers as well.  LOVE using the clear rhinestones and matching them with the colors of my paper and inks using Copics!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!! *smile*

 

tinagilliland

2 comments:

Angie said...

Tina,
I think you're coloring with the copics was awesome! Don't be so hard on yourself. Thanks for the inspiration!
Angie in Utah
abcammack@comcast.net

anaRy said...

Tina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This card came out so pretty! I loved how you colred Gilli!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...