Followers

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Inside of It All....

I know, I know.... I already showed you this card a few days back, right??? Well... what I didn't show you, and forgot to, was this......

THIS was the inside of that card.  Yes, I decorate... finish... whatever you want to call it... I make the inside of my card as well as the outside.  I just really like the "whole effect" of completing the inside.  And to tell the truth... even the back of my card has a "personalized" stamp I use on it to date when I made the card.  Hee 

I particularly wanted to show you this inside though because I used the "Lacey Borders" stamp set from Gina K Designs to add along the inside.  I sometimes will use a flat ribbon on the inside of my cards and these stamps are just FABULOUS for not adding much, if any, bulk to the inside.  Now I did stamp these on another sheet of card stock before I added them to the inside, but you could definitely stamp them directly to it.  The reason I added the later was I had accidentally grabbed the Pure Luxury Layering Weight card stock instead of the Heavy Base Weight and I wanted the card to have a bit more weight to it than it did.  I generally use the Heavy Base Weight when doing a white card base because it just "feels" good in your hands.  So by adding the borders that were also stamped  on more Layering Weight, it gave my card the weight I wanted. 

I used the Ranger Superfine Clear Embossing powder on my white card stock and let it cool down before adding some Memento Angel Pink ink with a sponge dauber over the embossed lace.  After I finished I rubbed off any excess ink that may be left on the embossed area then cut the lace and added it to the borders on the inside.  I REALLY like how it turned out and I'm sure I'll be using it again.  It was a bit tough to get a good pic of the lace.  It kind of looks blurry or not at crisp but in real life it its fabulous.  The Superfine Embossing Powder really pics up the detail of the lace.  Give it a try!!

Well... I'm off to start my weekend with some new Gina K stamps!!  Woot!!  Don't forget the new Release will be next Thursday.  OMGosh you are going to LOVE LOVE LOVE the new sets!  Hee Hee

Have a great Memorial Day weekend!!! *HUGS



Signature

5 comments:

Cheri said...

This is stunning, Tina! I love that lace.....I love the whole card! I hope you have a fantastic weekend.

Teresa Arsenault said...

The inside is lovely too, Tina.
Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Cindy :) said...

very pretty Tina :)

Unknown said...

Tina, this is so very pretty! Love the entire designing of it with the embossing!! Sweet!! Hguz

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful wedding card inside and out. I have to start thinking along those lines as well with weddings coming up this summer.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...