Followers

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Work it Girl.....


My pal, Cheryl and I recently joined the Planet Fitness gym and have been meeting up on my days off to "work out" together.  Well... I have to say first... I'm feeling a little prejudice going on with that there gym.... hee hee.  Cheryl got a BLACK t-shirt when she signed up and me... well... I ended up with a white one!  You see, Cheryl joined the program that allowed her to 1) tan and 2) use the massage machines.  Pffft.  Needless to say... I DON'T need a tan... and if you ask me... I go there to work out, get sore muscles and well.. NOT for a massage!!!  So THERE, Cheryl!! LOL  But regardless of the practices of the gym, I decided to send my pal a little "pick-me-up".  Cheryl won't be able to meet up with me today because of a prior engagement so I'll miss her but... wanted to let her know I'm there... doing the grind!  Hee

My image is from the I Brake For Stamps, Humorous Seniors, "No Pain No Gain Gladys".  OMGosh I KNOW I can't get into THAT position.  Well... at least not get UP from that position!! LMBO

My card base is Pure Luxury Black Onyx layered with Wild Dandelion and Vibrant Violet.  I stamped my image on White and colored with my Copics.  I used my Oval Nestabilities to cut out my image and mounted it with Pop Dots to give my card some dimension.  My sentiment and the little tennis shoes I stamped to attach to my bow are from the Just Rite stamp set, "Just Keep Calm".  The die cut is from Susana's Custom Art & Card Designs, Memory Box Dies, "Elegant Scrollwork".

I was sent a couple Marvy Uchida markers to try out and give my opinion on from my supplier and those are listed with the Copics I used.  I must say they blended beautifully with the Copics and I had no issues with bleed over the stamped image either.  I liked the colors and the brush tip but wasn't happy that they aren't refillable.  But... on the other hand I really liked the rich colors and they are a cheaper alternative to the Copics with much the same results.  I also was impressed with the many colors available though not as many as the Copics but in reality you don't need all the Copics to achieve all that you would want to color with.  Overall, I would definitely recommend the Marvy Uchida permanent alcohol markers to anyone wanting to try their hand with alcohol makers at a much cheaper cost than Copics. 

I hope you're having a fabulous Tuesday and as always, I appreciate you taking time to stop by!  I'll be back tomorrow with a "guy card".  I know how hard masculine designs are so I try to post every one I create to help keep your creative mojo going when it comes to the men in your life.

Until tomorrow!  *HUGS*


Signature

Copics & Marvy Uchida's I used:

1 comment:

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Very funny card and beautifully coloured!! Love the 'Keep Calm' variation :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...