Followers

Monday, April 23, 2012

Name That Tune!!!!

Today I am sharing yet another of those adorable images from Hop Art Designs from Hambo Stamps called, "Bella Ballerina".  Now you'd think I have a daughter who takes ballet, but honestly, I don't.  Infact, my daughter DID take dance and was in a Technique class which included "some" ballet... she hated it!  And, sadly, she quit dance because of it.  BUT... it appears, she will be taking up dance again this fall.  NOT ballet, mind you but hip hop and tap.  When I was coloring this sweet girl I couldn't help but think of the expense that goes into the recital costumes.  Ugh!  I do NOT miss that.  The great thing is... YOU can buy this adorable girl for such a small amount AND the proceeds from your purchase will go towards Operation Write Home.  Though we are pulling out from the war, there are still many of our soldiers who are away from home and who truly enjoy being able to write home and with your help, many stampers offer cards to send out to them so that they can do so.  Asela Hopkins has drawn such adorable images and you can find them all at Hambo Stamps.

I designed this card for the Outlawz Greetings Challenge to create something that is inspired by song.  It's a bit sappy but everytime I watch my daughter perform... whether it was at her dance recital and more recently, at her school Chorus performance and Band performance, I get a little teary eyed and think of Stevie Wonder's song, "Isn't She Lovely".  Ya... that's the mom in me.  *sniff sniff*

I started out with one of my favorite colors in the Pure Luxury card stock line, "Wild Dandelion".  I added a layer of Grass Green and Vibrant Violet.  My DP is from the Best Creation's, "A Walk In the Garden"... one of my newest favorite DP packs!  It's kinda hard to see but this paper pack has glittered pieces included in it as well and on this particular piece.

I colored my image with Copic markers and cut it out.  Before adhering it to my card I added a half of a 4" paper doily and then some Prima rhinestone flourishes.  My image has Pop Dots under it to add more dimension to the card.  I added some Stickles, Stardust, to the bottom of her tutu.

I hope you join us over on the Outlawz Challenge site to join in on our "Song" challenge.  We post a new challenge every Monday and as always offer prizes to our winner!!

Thanks for stopping by today and have a great Monday!!! *HUGS*


Signature

Copics I used:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...