Followers

Monday, August 17, 2009

Ribbon Roses

Today's card is another easy, basic stamping card. I do love the look of this and I will admit, when I taught this at a class... not everyone felt it was so easy to deal with the ribbon... but with a little patience, you can do this. I KNOW you can!!! All you need is a basic flower stamp. ANY stamp will do that has stems. You don't need to worry what is on the end as it will be punched out anyway. I would suggest using "pop dots" to adhere your layers under the "ribbon" part as it can be a bit bulky and just gluing it with a tape roller will not really make it lie flat. After you stamp your flowers, you simply take a hole punch and go right over where the original flowers were at the top of the stem. I used as small a hole as I could get my ribbon end thru. I usually cut my ribbon at a sharp angle so there is a nice "tip" to push thru the hole and then all the way thru. I do this on both ends of the ribbon as you will hold them together as you push them thru. After you get the ribbon thru, it's as simple as pulling enough thru to make the "bud" look. You may need to twist it a bit to get it to look just right. If you have issues, seriously, just take your time... it will work. You can use just about any type of ribbon you want. I wonder what a velvet ribbon would look like??? Hmmmm? Try a few. I bet the person that gets the card will definitely run their fingers across those buds. Have a great day! See you tomorrow... I'll be back!!! AND... I'll post the winner of my Blog Candy! If I have wi-fi at the hotel, I'll post it before I head to Gina's store! Signature

6 comments:

Betty Benton said...

I love the flower buds, Tina! Have a ball tomorrow!

A Consuming Passion said...

Oh think of us all tomorrow!!! enjoy tour trip to Gina's say hi to everyone for us too.
Love this card I love ribbon rosses but have never tried them on a card!!!

Happy Birthday!!!!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Okay, Miss Tina, I am singing. Can you hear me? My dog just ran out of the room! Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday to ya........ Can't wait to hear how your class was. Hope you are making memories with your kids! Take Pictures..... oops I told you that before.

Anita said...

Wow! I love this idea of a way to use ribbon.

lisa808 said...

Happy birthday!

Jennie said...

Happy Birthday!!!
This card is just delightful and what a cool way to do the buds :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...