Followers

Thursday, January 17, 2013

He's Getting Older... Wiser???


Today is a fitting day for a "manly" card design.  At my house AND at the Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge site.  It's our challenge for the week in the Twisted Thursday group with the usual "Anything Goes" as well.  Is that confusing to you??? I mean, it's ALWAYS "Anything Goes" on Thursday but, the twist is, if you use our "theme" (which is "masculine" this week), you get your name in the drawing for a prize from our sponsor TWICE!  See how that works now?

Anyway... back to it being a fitting card at my house.  This weekend is my dear hubby's birthday. And, as usual, the kids want me to always make a card showing how they feel.  My son's request, "he's my hero".  Thus, THIS card was born.  :-)

My card uses the wonderful Tami Mayberry's set, from Gina K Designs, "Masculine Tags".  My card base is Pure Luxury Honey Mustard with a layer of Fresh Asparagus.  My DP is "Farm House" by Sugar Hill which is perfect for a masculine card.  I added a few self-adhesive copper nail heads and some awesome Jute Ribbon (love that stuff) to finish it off.

Next up will be my daughter's card to daddy.  She usually ends up on the more "sentimental" end of it, of course.  Though I truly think she would have made one heck of a boy, she and daddy share a special bond, that's for sure!  All the way from wrestling to arguing over who's opinion matters most on whatever topic they are debating that day. LOL  They are quite comical to watch.

I hope you hop on over to the Outlawz site and check out all the challenges available.  There's a new one every day!!!

Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous Thursday!!! *HUGS*



Signature Follow Me on Pinterest

3 comments:

Jamie_G said...

What a stunning card! Thank you so much for the masculine card inspiration. :o)

Unknown said...

Awesome card. Love that designer paper, especially the wood. I could have sworn I was already following your blog, but didn't see my little picture...so I'm following you now!

Unknown said...

I love this card! Very nice and your dad is going to love it too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...