Followers

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Deerly Loved....


Happy Sunday everyone!!  It's been a busy few days with Thanksgiving!!  I'm up late again tonight finishing up a couple things before I can actually get BACK to creating tomorrow and Monday.  As usual... the Gilliland family had a fabulous Thanksgiving.  We even had my mother-in-law come by for dinner.  Normally, we eat alone... just our immediate family.  But this year, she was in town with her sister and brother-in-law.  Sadly, he was taken to hospice and she had been staying there around the clock.  So, my hubby asked her to come by for a break and let her know she could always spend the nights here and rest a bit and grab a hot shower.  And, she took him up on the offer and stayed for dinner.  

While she was here she was telling me her brother-in-law was using a folded up dollar bill for a book marker and that her sister had taken it from him because she needed it.  Ha!  And, thus, my bookmark was created for him.  She had told us they were taking him from hospice to live with his daughter and son-in-law and he was having a hard time with that since he would no longer be able to look out his window at home and watch the deer in the woods.  Well... I had just the stamp set to bring his deer back.  :-)  Theresa Momber's, "Life is Good" set was just the ticket.  I've always loved this set myself with my dad being a deer hunter and I am getting tons of use from it!  :-)

I began my bookmark with a craft tag I had in my stash.  I added some Dylusions Lime Ink to the bottom and topped it off with some Sunflower Glimmer Mist. Just enough sparkle on top.  Next I stamped the trees, deer and sentiment n Memento Ink.  I added a few Copper Nail Heads to the lower corner and some Tim Holtz Gears to the right.  Just for a bit more texture.  Then I found a yellow plastic "paper clip" which I added to the top and tied on some yellow and brown twine to add a little "poof" at the top.. not a flower mind you... that's not at all MANLY.  Hee

I hope Tom enjoys the bookmark and I am sure his wife won't be taking it any time soon.  Tom isn't doing so well and his doctors told him to go home and enjoy what life he has left instead of lying around in a hospice which I think is fabulous advice for anyone who is not bed-ridden.  I know it lifted his spirits to be able to leave but I also know he is not able to stay home with just his wife caring for him and maybe the little deer on the bookmark will bring just a bit more happiness to his day as he relaxes to read.  I certainly hope so.  

Tomorrow, I plan to create with some NEW Gina K Designs stamps!!! Woot!!  Oh stay tuned, I'll be sharing them all soon when we have the Design Team Blog Hop.  Keep your eyes open!  :-)  Until then... thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!!! *HUGS*


Signature Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...