Followers

Monday, November 5, 2012

Be ever Thankful...


I'm a bit behind on my postings and I apologize for that.  Somehow... and believe me I'm not thankful for clumsy fingers... I deleted a bundle of posts I had ready to go live over the weekend.  Oy!  Technology is great but there are times when you realize you take things for granted and think it's all working fabulously... WRONG!!!  But, regardless, I apologize for thinking things were all in order, as should have been, when in reality whether I'm on Facebook or even in my own personal e-mail folders, I SHOULD have known things were messed up somewhere.  My friend, Suzanne, would tell me I have serious "old-timers" issues. LOL  So today's posting is a bit late but I hope it's message remains important.  

With the recent Hurricane Sandy spreading it's destruction over the east coast, I find it hard to not be thankful.  Thankful that my family is safe, including my niece who lives in NY, thankful that there are still wonderful people in this country that no matter what will stand strong and persevere no matter what mother nature throws their way, thankful that even when I feel totally helpless in any situation, I know God will guide me and take care of what I truly need.  

With that in mind, I created the card above.  Not just a "dinner" thank you, but a thank you card.  I hosted the StampTV Oldies but Goodies challenge last week and my goal was for everyone to create a "thank you" card.  Seems as though we rarely get a thank you card these days.  Especially by way of snail mail.  As I said, my post should have run earlier but didn't so you're running out of time to participate in this particular challenge, but... there's still time if you want to play along.  You have until 8PM CST tonight to upload your card to the Gallery of StampTV.  

My card was created using Pure Luxury Black Onxy as the card base.  I layered on some Moonlit Fog and a bit more Black Onxy.  My DP is from the Patterned Paper Pack, "Poppy Prints".

I stamped the wine glass from Melanie Muenchinger's set, "A Charmed Life" and colored with my Copic markers then cut out and mounted with Pop Dots. 

I hope you either had a chance to enter the challenge and/or still do.  Plenty of time... no stress thank you card can be anything you like... just make sure it's a thank you.  

As always, thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous Monday!!! *HUGS*


Signature Follow Me on Pinterest

Copics I used:


3 comments:

Penny said...

Wonderful design, Tina. Love all the elements & your coloring! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Kitty said...

That's a great card Tina and you are right in that we don't take the time to send a card or note by snail mail or even hand delivered. With the holidays approaching, it is important to thank the ones that help make our hokliday a happy one thanks for reminding us of the importance of a thank you card or note.

Blessings,
Kat

Melanie said...

slurrp, I want some of this! gorgeous coloring!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...