Followers

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Ahhhh the Sun Rays...

Have you had a chance to play with the Color Me Creative bi-weekly challenges lately??? Well if you haven't, you should play along this week!!  The challenge is all about backgrounds!!  Today I used a a fabulous technique shared by Gina K on Stamp TV making sun rays.  You can see this technique HERE.  Our sponsor for this challenge is Squigglefly

I started my card with Pure Luxury Ocean Mist card stock.  I layered it with some Lemon Drop and added my sun rays by using Memento Wild Dandelion and some Bahama Blue for my ocean.  I tore a piece of Sandy Beach and used some Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Vintage Photo, to accent the shore line.

My image was colored with Copic markers and I used Pop Dots to adhere it to the card for a bit of dimension. 

I hope you play along... there's always prizes to be had and a chance to be a guest designer for our next challenge!!!

Have a great day... I'm heading out with my mom to get my son his school clothes.  Oy!  I hate doing that but... I'm VERY lucky in that my parents always take my kids to buy them their school clothes.  What a HUGE help that is!!!  I thank God they are always so helpful with the kids at this time of year... seems to never get cheaper!! 

As always... I appreciate your stopping by and love reading your comments!!  *HUGS*

P.S.  I apologize for not having a pic of the Copics I used on this as I was visiting my friend, Lee Murphy, on her FABULOUS mountain home and my routine was not the norm.  But, never fear, I'm back in the swing.  ;-)



Signature

2 comments:

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Wow - amazing background!! The whole card is just stunning - love it :)

Shelby Goolsby said...

Gorgeous background Tina and I love the torn paper for the sand!! Enjoy the rest of your week.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...