Followers

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Just a Thought...


Oh it's that time again... gifts and more gifts!!  Today I spent the morning working on a few little journal/books that I wanted to give to my nieces who love journaling and who is ALWAYS (like their auntie) in need of a new one. Ha!!  These are small and compact and I believe sturdy enough to throw in a bag for just a few thoughts and notes.  My sweet friend, Melanie Labelle, had made one for me a while back and I have had it sitting on my craft desk waiting for a chance to make one as well.  I just love it!!

I used a large Inkssentials Manilla Tag to create the book cover.  I began with scoring it at 3 1/2" and then another 3 1/2" using my Scor Buddy.  I covered one side with some Tim Holtz Distress Stains.  I stamped my images from Theresa Momber's, "Elegant Florals"  using my Versarmark.  I clear heat embossed the ferns in clear embossing powder.  I covered the entire tag again using the Pickett Fence Distress Stain.  I wiped off some of it using a dry rag which removed it from the clear embossed areas.  I then used some images from Theresa's "Timeless Treasures" in brown and green to add more texture.  I distressed the edges and added some Distress Ink in Vintage Photograph.



For the inside, I simply cut my card stock to fit the book and again distressed the edges and added more Vintage Photograph.  The inside of my tag/cover was colored with more Distress Stain in Antique Linen.  I thread some twine through my cover and pages to hold it all together.  Likewise, I used the twine to attach to the tag hole and wrap around the book to close it.  A few Tim Holtz embellishments, some copper nail heads and my book is complete.  

I finished two of these day and below is a pic of the other one I completed.  



If you'd like to make your own book/journal... HERE is the site where you can grab the instructions.  I used different mediums than they suggested, but in the end it's YOUR creation.  Do it as you want and have fun!!!

Thanks for stopping by today and have a wonderful Thursday!!!


Signature Follow Me on Pinterest

2 comments:

Theresa Momber said...

Wow, I love them both! I've still never made a journal, but now I'm feeling very inspired. These are cool.

Teresa Arsenault said...

I'm loving this, Tina. So simple and well-designed. And lots of space for writing, which is what a journal is all about. Pretty and practical. I like that.
Blessing hugs,
Teresa

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...