Followers

Monday, February 20, 2012

Designer Bricks...


Good morning!! Today I wanted to share a "brick wall" I designed with you. ;-)  Quite awhile back I had seen a card using this technique and my card was actually made when I saw it.  But... time gets away from you and when I opened my file of "things to post", this popped right out and it hit me I had it for quite some time!! Eeek!! Well, needless to say... I really liked it so better late then never, right?

My card base is Pure Luxury Ocean Mist and I layered on some Key Lime then Kraft card stock.  I stamped the flower image from the "True Love Stamp TV Kit" on some DP I had in my stash.  I colored with image with my Copics prior to drawing the lines (using a brick wall layout) and cutting the image apart.  I have to admit, getting each "brick" straight is NOT an easy task and I thought of a hundred better ways than what I did (though I admit some are still not straight... don't look closely!!! LOL).  But... I love the affect overall.

A little hemp and my sentiment stamped below finished off the design.

I am sure I will HAVE to try this again and maybe next time I can feel a little more confident about how the layout went.  But... as I said... I still love the look.

Thanks so much for stopping by and if you decide to try this design, send me a note... I'd LOVE to see it!!!  Have a great day!! *HUGS*


Signature

Copics I used:

7 comments:

Teresa Arsenault said...

Tina, this is so cool and it looks fairly simple to do. That is my favorite combination. TFS.
Hugs,
Teresa

jennifer said...

I believe I will be trying this technique very soon. Thanks for all the great ideas

Cheri said...

Love it!!! WTG!! I tried this technique a while back with ugly results....gonna try again. Hugs.

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Very nice! I sent you an email!

Carolyn King said...

So fun! love this technique. Awesome!

jodyleblanc said...

I love your cards! nice work! ;)

Gretchen Wilson said...

I really like this card, will have to try something like this. Great job.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...