Followers

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Back to School…..

TeachA

It’s that time of year again… the kids are getting excited to head back to school.  NOT, for homework, mind you… but to see their friends and get to know their new teachers.

 

I have one (Emily) in 4th grade this year and one (Steven) a Freshman in high school this year.  Wow… yesterday was quite the day with high school orientation.. a FULL 2 1/2 hours!!! and “Meet the Teacher Night” for Emily.  As I write this post, my head is still aching from the heat level in the high school… yuk!! 

 

Today my card is one that my fellow Design Team member, Giovana Smith, asked us to create for her Mix It Up Monday Challenge to create  a “school” themed card.  I was thrilled to find out that was her challenge since I had already made my card the day before she posted!  Lucky me!! 

 

I started my card with Pure Luxury Chocolate Brown card stock.  I added a layer of Just Peachy and then some printed vellum paper from my Websters Pages pack. 

 

I used the teacher stamp and pencil holder from the Stamp TV Kit, Falling for You.  I stamped the pencil cup on White and cut it out and mounted it near the sentiment with Pop Dots.  A little twine and my card is ready for Emily to take her first day of school.  Smile

 

I hope you play along with Giovana’s challenge and get your name thrown in the pot for a chance at a free stamp set from Gina K Designs valued at $24.95!!  Remember to add the tag, STVMONGS2, when posting your card to the Stamp TV Gallery. 

 

Good luck and thanks for stopping by!!  *smile*

 

tinagilliland

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...